What we do
EduFootprint aims to raise the capacity of owners and managers of public buildings to better manage energy.
Its activities focus on the test and transferability of an integrated energy strategy with a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) approach in schools, consisting in the elaboration and implementation of energy efficient practices integrated with local Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAP).
Therefore, EduFootprint addresses the improvement of Energy & Resource Efficiency by reducing the Environmental Footprint in public school buildings, considering the whole life cycle of education service:
- Integrated Energy Strategies tested and transferred in a set of schools of the MED Area
- Life Cycle Assessment approach
- Alignment with local Sustainable Energy Action Plans
- Implementation of technological solutions & horizontal actions
- Co-operation, engagement & behaviour change of school communities